Lead Online Programmer – AAA Games – Hybrid/Onsite Brighton, UKQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 29-09-2023
- Location: Brighton
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 27171
One Player Missions client is a AAA developer, with studios in multiple beautiful European cities!
They are looking for a talented Lead Online Programmer to join their team developing a new unique unannounced multiplayer project.
The successful candidates will help consolidate their cloud infrastructure as well their award-winning in-house engine’s online capabilities.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer in scalable production systems
- Proficient with at least one the major cloud vendors (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Able to architect solutions that may live in several clouds
- Experience with containerization (docker, k8 etc) and orchestration (puppet, ansible, saltstack etc)
- Experienced in navigating and integrating new technologies into large existing codebases
- Experience with creating custom tools with C# or .NET
- Strong English language skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, a related education, or relevant experience for the job such as several years leading teams responsible for online services or cloud infrastructures for games
- Deeply passionate about video games and games development
- Be responsible for the development of a scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure to run online services that you and the team will co-create with the different game projects
- Together with your team, will be responsible to create, run and monitor the game servers and back-end infrastructure
- Choose fitting cloud technologies for the online and data services
- Deploy, maintain, and drive the design of the cloud infrastructure, which should be scalable and fitting to several games
- Develop and maintain the online game technology and tools as well as game specific code, on server and on client side
- Champion online security practices
- Extend the technology of the in-house engine with online capabilities.
- Designing and implementing online game features that interact with the engine, that will be for any of the games.
- At the same time, as a lead, together with Directors, you will participate on the online game vision and break it into specific goals
- Provide candid and compassionate feedback in bi-weekly 1:1s with every team member
- Coach and mentor people in the team and the company on regards to Online, Cloud, security, and related best practices
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience in the games industry
- Good knowledge of C++
- Console experience
- Cross-site and cross-team working experience.
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or associated fields.
- Free private health insurance
- Studio-wide bonus program
- 5 Weeks paid vacation annually
- Hybrid work-from-home scheme and flexible hours
- Flex Retribution
- Extensive learning opportunities