Senior Technical Artist – REMOTE or Singapore – Mobile & PC GamesQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 30-11-2023
- Location: Singapore
- Workspace: Remote
- Job ID: 26256
One Player Mission is excited to be working with an independent games developer based in Singapore that supports full time REMOTE work from other countries too! They are pioneering player-first, action-packed multiplayer fun. Founded by industry veterans from King, Ubisoft, Lucasarts, EA, Gameloft and Disney, the studio has produced six games in partnership with Apple, Disney and independently.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to join their team to help design and build build the next generation of accessible, multi-platform, genre-defining web3 experiences! You’ll be highly technical and possess the eye of an artist. Taking the lead developing and sourcing technical solutions and optimisations that are balanced to maximise the end visual quality and fidelity of their content.
- An Artist-first mindset with solid engineering skills. Whilst you’re very technically inclined, you have developed an artistic eye.
- Expert knowledge of content creation software, especially Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Expertise programming in languages such as Python & C#.
- Experience developing for mobile and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimization (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Advanced knowledge of building, implementing and improving art tools in Unity.
- A superb understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The chops to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Proven expertise of working with art teams and leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- A proven career of hands-on experience as a Technical Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
- Collaborating with artists and programmers to ensure assets can be efficiently integrated into our games.
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for the art team. Identifying and developing new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Evaluating, sourcing and developing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off the shelf solution is best.
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge of cutting edge industry trends and technology in content tools, process, pipelines, and related hardware / software.
- Analysing and adjusting the framework for art asset creation that balances performance, efficiency and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists and designers.
- Managing and Mentoring the technical art team.
- Task management for the art team and autonomously finding solutions.
- Flexible working REMOTE or Onsite in Singapore.
- VISA and Relocation Support, if required.
- Highly competitive salary.
- 20 days paid holiday + 1 week closed over Xmas and 1 week off in summer + bank holidays.
- Monthly Wellness Allowance
- Sick pay.
- Profit share scheme.
- Joining a company committed to transparency and openness.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +441206 214425!